Friday 3 October 2014

A spoonful of ....

I know the song says "A spoonful of sugar ..." however I've taken a spoonful of my own medicine.  Towards the end of last week the warning signs of 'burnout' started to rear its head again.  No matter how long I managed to sleep for I still felt completely spent.

THE WARNING BELLS BEGAN CLANGING

So taking some time off work; do you like my view for my coffee on Monday morning?


Oh yeah.

I'm so lucky to live near Bradgate Park so I walked up to Old John and enjoyed the solitary silence.  Watching Leicestershire slowly wake whilst doing yoga was freaking wonderful.  It certainly started the replenishment of my soul.

*  Laying on the sofa and leisurely reading magazines - massive tick.
*  Soaking in the bath with divine, aromatic bath oils and crystals - yummy.
*  Not watching the clock but letting the day slide along
*  Mini-me spa treatments; facial, head and foot massage, Reiki and meditation
*  Plenty of nourishing raw foods
*  Social Media shut down
*  Afternoon naps on the settee snuggled under a blanket
*  I got a wonderful massage to ease out the tension in my back
*  I treated myself to a manicure

Unfortunately, I still got the effects of a cold.  Plenty of Ribena, echinacea, herbal teas and eucalyptus inhalations.  I'm almost back to full fitness (and certainly much quicker than I anticipated) but I certainly still need more rest.  I believe in filling my cup otherwise how can I help fill the cup of others?

So tell me readers, do you recognise when you're heading towards 'burnout'.  Are you lucky enough to be able to put yourself first and replenish yourself?  What would be your ideal replenishment routine?

As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook



How to make your dreams come true

Philofaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment