Have you ever wondered just how many chemicals you come into contact with every day? It is something I'm particular about and for the last few years, I've been using the following recipe to create my own general house-hold cleaner.
Grab yourself an empty spray bottle, some cool boiled water, a bottle of Create wash (you can of course use a similar additive free soap), Tea-tree essential oil and lavender essentials oils. I generally just splodge the ingredients together but to give you an idea:-
1 cup of cooled, boiled water
1 tablespoon of Create wash (or similar additive free, natural soap)
10 drops of Tea tree essential oil
5 drops of optional essential oils as below)
(optional additional oils; Lavender, lemon or peppermint, dependant on your preferences)
Tea tree is antiseptic and has been show to have significant anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
Lavender has antiseptic properties and is calming and balancing
Lemon and Peppermint both smell invigorating.
Spray and clean as necessary (using a reuseable microfibre cloth and your eco-credentials raise even higher.)
Have a try and let me know what you think
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook
Monday, 23 March 2015
Friday, 6 March 2015
The days are getting longer (well technically not longer but lighter for longer), the temperature is slowly getting warmer and in my garden I see the start of spring. The same applies to my routines; whether it be beauty, fitness or business routines.
· My fitness regime alters due to the increasing light in the mornings; hopefully less treadmill and more outside exercise
· I tend to change from a lipstick to a lip gloss. A great all round balm with a super zesty scent is the Neal’s Yard Bee Lovely Balm
· Time to give a super Spring Clean to my make-up brushes
· I like to brighten my colour palette; not just for make-up but clothing. Moving away from dark earthy tones to lighter, pastel colours
· I’ll check through all my make-up throwing away anything that’s past its expiry date (top top; when starting a new mascara/foundation etc , write the date you opened on the product with a sharpie. Now you know when to bin)
· Business wise I’m planning treatments and promotions around Easter/Ostara
· My Filofax and Planning setup hasn’t changed (at the moment although I’m always scouring Ebay and Philofaxy for my dream binder)
· Efforts to improve the condition of my feet start now ready for sandal wearing. Let me know below if you’d like some super nourishing pedicure pamper secrets
How do you plan on Spring Cleaning your routine? Next time, we will be upscaling our house Spring Cleaning products using nature and essential oils.
PS – for my regular readers I have kept to the majority of my January resolutions. I’m still posting my running miles into Jantastic having only used the joker once for when hubby was in hospital. Although I had a break with the 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene, I’m back on the mat and oh how I missed thee.
Follow me on Facebook