Friday 13 July 2012

Carnelian

Carnelian is a stone I’ve not used a great amount myself but heard such great reports about it I wanted to investigate further.  Carnelian (also known as cornelian) is a brownish-red mineral which derives its name from the Latin word meaning flesh coloured.

During Roman times Carnelian was used widely to make engraved gems for signet or seal rings for imprinting a seal with wax on correspondence or other important documents as hot wax does not stick to carnelian.  Previously, Carnelian was believed to give the wearer courage in battle and to help timid speakers become eloquent and bold. 



Carnelian is a fantastic energy booster and is ideal for those who wish to increase their overall vitality during illness.  It stimulates the will to live, helps with mental focus and improves appetite.   

A stimulating stone which supports qualities of leadership, courage and creativity.  It activates the Root, Sacral and Solar Plexus chakras, influences the female re-productive organs and can increase fertility. 

Carnelian is one of few crystals which has the ability cleanse other stones.

I’ve now replaced the Lapis Lazuli pendulum with some carnelian in my pillowcase as I could always do with an energy boost.  I have a few important meetings in the next few weeks so I will be either wearing or carrying Carnelian with me. 

As always, thanks for reading and any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook




Quick disclaimer; I am not a medical practitioner so therefore I’m not prescribing.  All of my blog posts are based on complementary therapies and not as a replacement for conventional medicine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment