Friday 30 November 2012

What does Reiki feel like?


Obviously this is subjective and varies from one person to another and each session varies depending on what you require at that moment in time.

Some of my clients describe it as “that happy, floaty feeling you get when you’ve had a little too much alcohol to drink”.  Personally when I’m in a Reiki session I’m in a meditative state so, along with the client, I end the session feeling calm, centred and at peace. 

I practice Reiki on myself daily and try to live by the five Reiki principles.  I’m sure this practice of daily self Reiki has enabled me to cope with an extremely busy year; I’m a Mum of two gorgeous and extremely energetic boys, I work part-time as well as run my own business and I volunteer for two local charities.  Coupled with a house extension where my house didn’t always feel like the relaxing sanctuary it should.  My daily Reiki practice has enabled me to find (usually hidden rather deeply) that quiet, still place inside me where I find peace.  I can sit in my ‘Reiki bubble’ and the hustle and bustle of the outside world slowly disappears.

If you have been lucky enough to attend a spa or a wonderfully relaxing holiday or retreat, can you remember and still sense that inner calm you felt?  This is how I feel during a Reiki session.  I’m sure most of my fellow Reiki practitioners and clients would agree with this sentiment. 

Don’t we all want to find that beautiful calm space within ourselves?  Some people find this with meditation or yoga.  I would like to help you find your still/happy place and this is where Reiki can help.  Together we will start a journey to a more peaceful and content you.

As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook




Quick disclaimer; I am not a medical practitioner so therefore I’m not prescribing.  All of my blog posts are based on complementary therapies and not as a replacement for conventional medicine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment