Firstly, may I apologise this blog post is a day late. I've been very busy at work and along with a bug, I've struggled to complete all my tasks. So rather than write the blog post I had planned here's another example of using all my holistic tools to speed recovery.
- · I've put myself first. I find this awkward to achieve, I like to serve and help others but I've come to realise I can't do this if I'm suffering from burnout. For me this has meant cutting down the physical exercise, taking time off work and going to bed ridiculously early for several consecutive nights.
- · massage. I know I'm struggling with a back issue that isn't going away with my usual Range of Motion exercises. I can't wait for my massage on Tuesday.
- · plenty of meditation
- · oodles of self Reiki
- · Prioritising my To Do list. Some items have been carried forward for days now but they're not essential. Some have been delegated and some simply deleted.
- · Crystals - I've been sleeping with them, carrying them round with me. Next up, a crystal bath pamper session. Drinking crystal essences
- · nourishing foods. I'm normally quite a healthy eater but I'm craving carbs. So I've been listening to my body and tried to make healthy carb choices. (Although I'm not sure home-made apple cake is that healthy!!).
- · hugs. Snuggles on sofas with my boys are top medicine.
- · I'm sure I've got a mild version of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). I miss the sun. I use my lamp every morning but yesterday I stood outside in the back garden leisurely sipping my Earl Grey tea in the afternoon sun.
So what other tips could you offer?
As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.
Follow me on Facebook
How to make your dreams come true