Friday 13 January 2012

Animals and Reiki

For the last two weeks, we’ve been discussing why I was initially drawn to Reiki and what Reiki involves. This week I hope to give you another insight into why I find Reiki such an amazing modality; using Reiki with animals.


Reiki is a gentle but highly effective, non-invasive treatment suitable for all ages, types and breed of animal. Animals usually have a profound response to the vibrational energy of Reiki. Not all animals will want Reiki. My sister’s dog (who is often found following me everywhere) disappears as soon as I start any Reiki sessions. I never force Reiki onto an animal. It is usually obvious within 5 minutes of starting a session whether the animal wants a Reiki session at that time.


As your pet does not have to be confined or restrained to be treated, Reiki is ideal for animals who are timid or too afraid for hands-on contact as they can be treated as effectively from a distance. I often start a session outside the stable/kennel and only enter if/when I feel they are ready for me to put my hands onto them directly.


Please note; I abide by the The Veterinary Surgery Act of 1966 which prohibits anyone other than a qualified veterinary surgeon from treating animals, including diagnosis of ailments and giving of advice on such diagnosis. However the healing of animals by contact healing, by the laying on of hands or distant healing is legal. However the Protection of Animals Act 1911 requires that if an animal clearly needs treatment from a veterinary surgeon the owner must obtain this. To give emergency First Aid to animals for the purpose of saving life or relieving pain is permissible under the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 Schedule 3. Therefore, all animals are treated under veterinary supervision.

As always, please do not hesitate to ask me questions or add comments below. Thank you for reading

Follow me on Twitter


Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment