Following on from Emma Collins fabulous blog post here http://emmacollinspr.com/2012/01/15/10-things-about-sunday-fun/ I too thought it would be a good idea for you to know a little more about me.
1. I have an inspirational sister who is born on the same day as me, just 3 years apart.
2. I was once on the Rolf Harris show with my primary school.
3. I love classical ballet and once dreamed of being a ballet dancer.
4. I wasn't always so organised. Before kids I was always late and missing appointments. Scary what happens when you become a Mum hey!
5. In fact pre-kids I couldn't really cook. After finding recommendations on baby forums I learnt to cook with Annabel Karmel’s baby weaning books.
6. It took me until I was 30 something to decide on a career and even then I've diversified. Started off as a secretary (ok but worked at a bank and not as service related as I'd hoped). Then I qualified as a Horse Riding Instructor but the money didn't pay the bills. I enjoyed being a Sales Administrator at a local hotel. The service part I loved, the wedding organisation exciting but the cold-calling sales tough. An ex suggested working in IT which I've been doing for the past 13 years. I love pitting my wits against computers but also the (generally) logical nature of computers. Becoming a Holistic Therapist is my dream job so I balance this with my day job in IT, a perfect compliment to each other. I feel truly blessed.
7. Self confessed Eco warrior. I hate chemical additives so what (little) house cleaning i do is done using as few ‘nasties’ as possible. We try and eat as additive free as possible. My son’s eczema is much calmer when I use bath products with no chemical nasties.
8. As previously mentioned tree hugger, I have used cloth nappies on both sons and I even created my own 3 part all in one cloth nappy system. My sewing machine rocks!
9. I am a geek. I love nerdy computers, Filofaxes, the latest gadgets.
10. As an ex-Girl Guide, I can honestly say I learnt loads as a Girl Guide, some of which I still use in everyday life now.
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook