Friday 16 May 2014

Self care quick start

Like any new habits, start small and practice regularly.  Here are some of my tips:-
  1. Put yourself first (because no-one else will!)
  2. Get physically active (dance, walk, tennis, skip, whatever is your thing)
  3. Do something you love every day.  Even if it's only for 10 minutes.
  4. Limit your time on social media and spent that time having a relaxing bath, going for a walk, meditating - you get the idea
  5. Get creative - whether through art, sewing, journalling
  6. When your mind is too busy, write your thoughts down on paper and prioritise
  7. Go barefoot (preferably outside on grass or the beach)
  8. Take 100 deep breaths
  9. Read inspiring books/blogs/websites
  10. Get enough sleep
  11. Think positive
  12. Get outside everyday
What would you add to this list?


As always, thanks for reading and if you have any questions or comments, I’d love to hear from you below.


Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Facebook



How to make your dreams come true

2 comments:

  1. Thank you & I think this is a great list that already incorporates what I consider important for myself. Maybe my extra ones would be:
    13. Make sure I eat & drink enough - otherwise I feel grumpy & awful
    14. Allow myself to have time off when needed - e.g. last night I was going to write up some minutes, but was too tired. Rather than battling on (like I used to), I made a decision to get into bed & watch a DVD. I feel more rested today & will get the job done tomorrow instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your ideas Anita. I never have a problem eating enough LOL so I would need to amend mine slightly to say Make sure I eat enough nourishing foods. I agree with 14 whole heartedly. I find I can get the same task completed in half the time the following day if I'm refreshed too.

    ReplyDelete