Friday 30 December 2011

Why I love Reiki

I understand Reiki sounds different/wacky/ridiculous. Before I had a few Reiki treatments, the logical person in my head just couldn’t understand how Reiki works.

To give you a brief background, I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer aged just 32 (we have no family history of related cancers either). My world, and my family’s worlds, were completed affected. My sister searched the internet looking for treatments and advice which would help me with my treatment. She booked me in for a Reiki treatment the day before my mastectomy and the operation was successful and went smoothly.
I then needed 6 sessions of chemotherapy and my lovely Reiki practitioner came to my house the same day and gave me Reiki. Caroline was able to give me a Reiki treatment for 5 out of the 6 chemo sessions and for the one session I didn’t receive Reiki, I reacted terribly. I suffered far more nausea, couldn’t sleep and felt dreadful. I began to think there may be something in this ‘Reiki’.

Once I was back on the road to recovery, I investigated Reiki further. I then took a basic Reiki course and spent several years, just ‘playing’ with Reiki by treating family, friends and animals. The response I receive from 90% of animals was the defining Reiki moment for me. Timid rabbits creep into my hands to get closer, previously traumatised horses place their head in my hands and cats sneak into stables whilst I’m with a horse, just to absorb some of Reiki.


Next week, I hope to explain more about Reiki.

Follow me on Twitter


Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment